Tuesday, September 7, 2004

We are enjoying some wonderful weather this week.  Amy started preschool today and is already loving it.  She brings home her “binder” everyday filled with what they worked on, and she has been carrying it around all afternoon, pretending she is a teacher, and showing off what she did.  I think that she will do really well.

While Amy was at school, Misha and I had “school” together.  We started by working on her letters.  She isn’t much for structure though–instead of starting with the letter “A” as I had planned, she wanted to do “H”.  We then talked about things that are big and small, about emotions, and went through the alphabet.  She wasn’t able to recognize many letters a month or so ago, and now knows probably 2/3rds of them.  After the alphabet, we had a snack together and then came back to sing songs.  She knew all of them and must be learning them in Primary.  She knows “Row, Row, Row Your Boat”, “Old McDonald Had a Farm”, and “I Am a Child of God.”  She lost interest about then so we headed off to the library.  Next week a new story time session will start.  Amy won’t be able to attend anymore; she and Misha both have classes at the Recreation Center on Mondays.  Amy continues with dance and Misha is going to try gymnastics.  I hope that it will be something that she likes.

I have been feeling pretty crummy for about a week and a half now--morning sickness that usually lasts all day long.  Some days it is worse than others, but I usually feel a bit better around dinner time.  My morning workouts have taken a beating because I really have to fight to work through the nausea.  I have even started keeping “fig newtons” in my bedroom to snack on in the early morning or middle of the night because I get so nauseous and hungry through the night now.  Not so much fun.  We have eaten out more in the past week than usual, but I don’t have much energy or desire to be cooking.  I am hoping that this won’t last too long.  It seemed to go on for seven or so weeks with Amy and about four with Misha, so I am hoping that the decline will continue.  Certainly doesn’t make me want to do this again.

No comments: