If our new baby were to come on her due date, there are only three weeks left! Yeah! I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore. Most of my body aches, especially when I wake up in the morning. There is only one position that is really comfortable for me and that is sleeping on my left side. I think the baby dropped last week, because I feel a lot more pressure down low.
Right now we are contemplating naming our new daughter Alicia Michelle. Alicia means “honest and noble” and Michelle means “who is like God”. I think that the meaning of the name is just as important as the actual name and how it flows together. Amy’s name means “beloved” and Christine means “Christ-bearer”. We haven’t told anyone her name yet because we like to save at least one surprise until the end.
I have gone through all of Amy’s baby clothes as well as some that I have borrowed from Susan and washed everything. There were stains on a few things but most everything came clean. As far as being ready for this baby, I think that we are. And today would be nice for her arrival. I will probably continue saying that until she does arrives. In talking with my doctor about how to deliver this baby, he would recommend a c-section. Some days that doesn’t sound like such a bad idea, especially since I could have the baby one week early, but I really want to try a vaginal birth. It still may not work for me, but I am mostly hopeful that the recovery time will be far less than with a c-section.
Chris got home from Colorado last Friday night. It was nice to have him back. I must say that the week without him truly wore me out–between taking care of Amy and making sure that the house was spotless and ready to show at any time. We did have a few people come and look at the house last week, but no bites as of yet.
Chris looked for places to rent since our new house in Firestone has not been started yet. We will probably have to rent for at least three or four months, which truly does not excite me. There are a few leads that we can follow up on, but we also have a relocation lady in Denver who is helping us.
Thursday, 21 June, 2001
Chris is in Colorado again this week. The time seems to be going a bit faster than the last time he was away. He will come home on Friday evening. He worked from home for the previous three weeks mostly on training. It was a little overwhelming at first, especially since he didn’t have the ability to simply walk down the hall and ask another coworker questions, and he didn’t have all the access that he needed. I think that he is beginning to feel a lot more comfortable with what he already knows and more focused on what he has yet to learn. It was more of a struggle for Amy to have her Daddy around all of the time but not available. She must have figured that since he was here he could come and play any time. We finally had to get a gate to put in front of the bedroom door so that she couldn’t just walk in whenever.
Chris bought another desk with some graduation money and so we have a desk in the study as well as in our bedroom. It is nice because I still have a place to work and the bedroom is still plenty big and not crowded at all.
There is now less than a month until my due date. The dilemma that I am facing right now is to decide whether to have a scheduled c-section or try to deliver this baby naturally. There are pros and cons to either. Dr. Berry would recommend that I go for the c-section, but I want so much to avoid the long recovery of surgery. I have about one week before I have to decide for certain.
I have tried to continue exercising throughout this pregnancy. Somedays, like today, it is harder than others. Amy and I go together usually around 8:30 in the morning when it is still cool enough for me to be outside. Today I had a lot of pains in my side and couldn’t walk very fast. I don’t think they were contractions–just bothersome pains.
Our house has now been listed with Coldwell Banker. It is a bit of a challenge to keep it clean all of the time, but anyone that has come to look at it so far says that it shows like new.
Amy seems to be well into the swing of terrible twos. She has little tantrums on the floor, likes to scream loudly when she gets really frustrated, and is more than happy to run away from us when we take her outside (followed by much wailing and gnashing of her 12 teeth). She finally got her fourth molar a couple of weeks ago–that along with a cold. Fortunately, neither Chris nor I got sick, and we have all been healthy since.
Amy has been going to nursery now for three weeks. She seems to enjoy it quite a bit. The first week, Chris stayed in the room with her for about an hour and then snuck out–she was fine. The next week, I stayed for only a couple of minutes, and when she was playing and involved and forgetting that I was there, I slipped out. She does get sad and cries when other parents come to pick up their kids and she is the last one left, but what a treat it has been for us to have her in nursery. I can actually enjoy being at church now.
I was asked to speak in church last Sunday–Father’s Day–but the lady who spoke first took so much time that all I had time for was to bear my testimony. There was still another speaker after me as well as comments from the Bishop. I figured that the lady needed to speak and air some of her feelings more than I did. People told me afterward that they enjoyed my testimony, but I think they were just glad that I kept things short and sweet. Another lady hoped that the bishop would give me another opportunity (bless her heart!). I told her we would be leaving soon, so it was doubtful.
Chris bought another desk with some graduation money and so we have a desk in the study as well as in our bedroom. It is nice because I still have a place to work and the bedroom is still plenty big and not crowded at all.
There is now less than a month until my due date. The dilemma that I am facing right now is to decide whether to have a scheduled c-section or try to deliver this baby naturally. There are pros and cons to either. Dr. Berry would recommend that I go for the c-section, but I want so much to avoid the long recovery of surgery. I have about one week before I have to decide for certain.
I have tried to continue exercising throughout this pregnancy. Somedays, like today, it is harder than others. Amy and I go together usually around 8:30 in the morning when it is still cool enough for me to be outside. Today I had a lot of pains in my side and couldn’t walk very fast. I don’t think they were contractions–just bothersome pains.
Our house has now been listed with Coldwell Banker. It is a bit of a challenge to keep it clean all of the time, but anyone that has come to look at it so far says that it shows like new.
Amy seems to be well into the swing of terrible twos. She has little tantrums on the floor, likes to scream loudly when she gets really frustrated, and is more than happy to run away from us when we take her outside (followed by much wailing and gnashing of her 12 teeth). She finally got her fourth molar a couple of weeks ago–that along with a cold. Fortunately, neither Chris nor I got sick, and we have all been healthy since.
Amy has been going to nursery now for three weeks. She seems to enjoy it quite a bit. The first week, Chris stayed in the room with her for about an hour and then snuck out–she was fine. The next week, I stayed for only a couple of minutes, and when she was playing and involved and forgetting that I was there, I slipped out. She does get sad and cries when other parents come to pick up their kids and she is the last one left, but what a treat it has been for us to have her in nursery. I can actually enjoy being at church now.
I was asked to speak in church last Sunday–Father’s Day–but the lady who spoke first took so much time that all I had time for was to bear my testimony. There was still another speaker after me as well as comments from the Bishop. I figured that the lady needed to speak and air some of her feelings more than I did. People told me afterward that they enjoyed my testimony, but I think they were just glad that I kept things short and sweet. Another lady hoped that the bishop would give me another opportunity (bless her heart!). I told her we would be leaving soon, so it was doubtful.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)