Sunday, August 11, 2002

On the computer, Chris has the screen saver set up to cycle through all of the digital pictures we have taken.  It is a like having a photo album open all of the time.  Amy loves to watch the pictures change and often asks when it is a baby picture, “Is that me?”  She can’t always tell the difference between her and Alicia as babies.  Last week as she was watching, she excitedly exclaimed, “Is that me?  Oh boy!  I LOVE me!”  When she is enthusiastic about something she usually says she loves it.   I don’t know where she picked up “oh boy” though.  She also likes to say, “check this out”, “incredible”, “unbelievable” and plenty of other cute sayings. 

A couple of months ago, Disney released a movie about a horse named Spirit.  She only saw the promos for the movie but has a plastic “Spirit” horse from a kid’s meal at Burger King.  I don’t think she relates Spirit the horse to the Holy Spirit however; when a prayer is being said in church and the person praying asks for the spirit to be with us, Amy will loudly whisper, “Spirit!  I LOVE Spirit!”  Always makes us chuckle.

Alicia had the worst dirty diaper ever yesterday.  And she just kept on making it worse and worse.  I found her only after all the damage had been done.  She hasn’t been feeling too well so the poop was rather gushy.  She had the diaper on the couch while sitting against a pillow.  The diaper didn’t hold all the poop and out it gushed onto the pillow.  Then she slid off the couch wiping poop all over the cushion.  At some point she stuck her hand in it as well and then proceeded to lean against the couch in three different spots smearing poop everywhere she stood.  She grabbed the couch with her dirty hand on the arm rest and for her final trick smeared poop on the wall.  When I found her, I only noticed that she had quite a blow out and immediately took her upstairs to change her.  I finished that and noticed that she had it on her hand.  By that time Chris had come in the house, and I told him she must not be feeling well because she had quite a blow out.  That is when he walked into the living room and noticed one of the spots on the couch.  And the poop just kept coming and coming.  All the while, Amy just sat on the couch without saying a word.  Two stinkers I’d say.  Plus I was just starting on getting dinner ready because the missionaries were coming.  The poop fiasco took me 20 minutes just to clean up.  Uggh.  The things we do for our children....and they are documented here just so they’ll know.  The appreciation doesn’t really sink in until you have kids of you own though.

Our ward was split a couple of weeks ago.  We now go to church at 2:00 in the afternoon.  That part isn’t so fun, but I am already enjoying the smaller feel of our new ward.  The 2nd ward had so many people in it, it was impossible to keep track of everyone.  Now I find that I am matching names with people and remembering who they are.  I also heard the bishop talking today about the new building that they will be building out here.  Should only be a mile or so away.  That will be wonderful.  I will appreciate a five minute drive to church over a 25 minute drive.

No comments: